Welcome to my Metazoic site! This site discusses the existence of the creatures to come along after humans will be extinct. I first became interested in a world after man when I acquired my first copy of Dougal Dixon's After Man: A Zoology of the Future in 1992. However, I unwittingly created creatures that did not exist from the time I was about 8 years old. But it was after I obtained a copy of that book (now a collector's item) that I decided to take these same creatures I created as a child and make them more realistic in an evolutionary sense. Though it may be hard for a lot of us to grasp, humans will soon become extinct. One of the biggest factors of how this will happen is the current overpopulation rate. Which is why I don't contribute to the population. I created this world with little more than mammals fulfilling all ecological niches with the help of some friends. I even gave the era of the age after man a name, I called it the Metazoic, derived from the words for "After-era" (Meta, meaning after, and zoic meaning era). We are now in the Cenozoic era. To view all the animals I have created since I began this project, you can go to the "Meet the Mammals" section of this site. To discuss your own ideas about what you think will happen in the future world, and share your ideas with others, please feel free to leave a comment.
One more thing, some of you may find this site quite offensive, and you have a right to your own opinion. But please respect my right to have an opinion too. I'm not saying there is no GOD, I believe it was HIM who got the ball rolling. But I believe after that, evolution took over. There is so much more evidence of evolution than there is of creation. Even that going on right under our noses. Other than that, enjoy yourself and visit our many links.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Blog Of The Day!

We won the blog of the day award! Keep watching for more awards like this in the future. Yea, Metazoica!!! Yea to those who made this possible too!

Here's a visual of our award:

And the bouquet:

For me and Metalraptor, a bit of celebratory bubbly:

8 comments:

Metalraptor said...

I think we might actually be the only Speculative Evolution blog to ever win an award, believe it or not (sites like Darren Naish's excellent Tetrapod Zoology don't count, as he only does Spec work once in a blue moon). But still, yay!

And I've also been noticing that ever since the site got "blog of the day" our hit counter has spiked up, up, up! Thanks to all of you that have visited Metazoica, and I hope you will stay tuned in the future.

Back to big bad birds for me though...and dinosaurian pimps.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, save me some of that bubbly!

Metalraptor said...

You can have mine, I'm not old enough to drink, and after I found out what alcohol is made of, I don't think I ever will.

Dee TimmyHutchFan said...

OK, then let's make it grape juice. LOL! I'm no drinker either, but you know how it is when you win an award.

Anonymous said...

But remember, my young padawan - this prize is referred only to the present moment, but not to the next one.
In other words I wish your blog to maintain the reputation by posting of new interesting articles, not only about tetrapods, but also about fishes and invertebrates. Sometimes the mode of life or the evolutional path may give an interesting idea of futuro-, xeno-, or parallel animal.

Dee TimmyHutchFan said...

Just keep watching here Paul. There will be plenty more. In fact I have decided to keep this blog clean by not even responding to those who are trying hard to elicit a negative response from me. I don't want to turn this blog into what they turned that forum into. :)

Metalraptor said...

Wow, of all the people in the world Paul, I would have never pegged you as a Star Wars fan.

Anyway, I am not letting the success get to my head. After all, I'm not exactly sure how many people visit this blog daily, though I have noticed the numbers are going up ever since we recieved the award. But I really don't think we have any daily visitors other than you, Katrina, and Canis.

I am surprised that no one has commented on my cats essay. I really wish to know how well I did on my first "actual" post. But anyway, hopefully the birds one will be better.

Dee TimmyHutchFan said...

I'll tell you you did well Metalraptor. My stats show though the most popular post is the Future of Cryptid Beasts post I made on here some time ago. Most of today's viewers were referred by the Blog of the Day awards.

Don't get discouraged because no one comments on your posts. Most people are just in to browse, some think that they cannot comment even though I also allow anonymous comments, some just have nothing to say. I just take it that way. But at least you know people are looking in.